Summary

  • US President Donald Trump on Sunday said he had told his representatives not to rush into a deal with Iran, adding that the US blockade would remain “in full force and effect” until an agreement was reached, certified and signed.
  • US Secretary of State Marco Rubio said on Sunday that progress had been made over the past 48 hours on an outline that “will require full Iranian acceptance and then compliance” to resolve the Strait of Hormuz crisis.
  • US President Donald Trump said an agreement involving the United States, Iran and several other countries had been “largely negotiated” and was awaiting finalization.
  • Iran’s Revolutionary Guards navy said on Sunday that 33 vessels crossed the Strait of Hormuz over the past 24 hours after receiving permits.
  • IRGC-affiliated Fars News reported on Sunday that a draft Iran-US memorandum of understanding would commit Washington and its allies not to attack Iran or its allies, while Tehran and its allies would pledge not to launch any preemptive military attack on the United States or its allies.
  • IRGC-linked Tasnim News reported on Sunday that Iran has not accepted any action on the nuclear issue at this stage of talks with the United States.
  • US President Donald Trump said Saturday the chances of reaching a deal with Iran were “50/50” as he prepared to review Tehran’s latest proposal with his negotiators, Axios reported. He also told CBS News the two sides were “getting a lot closer”.
  • CBS reported the Trump administration was preparing for possible new strikes on Iran, with no final decision made, as some US military personnel canceled Memorial Day leave.

https://www.iranintl.com/en/liveblog/202605238115